As the IT of the REWE Group Austria, we work together with our more than 600 employees to develop innovative IT products and services for all our corporate divisions in Austria and abroad, setting the tone for modern trade. As part of a new, motivated team, you will secure the operation of our services based on SRE principles. With a broad knowledge of IT, you will act as an interface between infrastructure and development. Together with our development and platform teams, you will improve the operational aspects of our software architectures. By establishing quality gates and automating manual processes, you will increase the reliability of our services.
- As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you work with the development and platform teams and are dedicated to the reliability, availability and security of our state-of-the-art technology services
- Setup of the automatic collection and preparation of operating figures for the monitoring of services
- Identification and automation of routine tasks (toil) of IT operation
- You take responsibility for our production environments and keep them running together with the platform teams
- Support and advice for development teams in the design of new software as well as in the further development of existing solutions
- On-call services (PagerDuty) within your team
- Professional experience as SRE or DevOps engineer
- Knowledge of Go and/or Python
- Broad understanding of current IT systems (common network protocols, Linux, virtualization and databases)
- Knowledge of the cloud environment (preferably GCP) is an advantage
- Expertise in container virtualization and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes) as well as experience with service mesh implementations
- (Performance) monitoring and incident analysis
- Good knowledge of Git and CI/CD build pipelines
- In-depth knowledge in the field of IT security (certificates, OPA, identity management and zero trust) is an advantage
- Good level of written and spoken English
- Long-term, interesting and varied work for a reliable employer in a supportive team
- A family-friendly company culture with flexible working hours and remote working options available according to your individual needs
- Numerous training and further development opportunities within the Group (5% of working time for self-organized training and education)
- Staff shopping and travel discounts
- Easy public access
- An industry-standard, attractive and performance based annual gross salary starting at 58.000 Euro (on a full-time basis) with the possibility of higher pay according to experience and qualifications.
As we focus on diversity, we are also looking forward to receiving applications from people with disabilities.
No matter where you are in your career, we have a path for you. Whether you’re looking for your first job, advancement in your field, or a new career shift. We’re proud to employ great people who are passionate about their jobs. But they’re all different. No matter who you are, what you need and where you’re going, REWE Group can be a part of it. Apply now!
Please upload your resume to give us insight of your work experience - anonymously if you like!
We promote a diverse and inclusive work environment. Therefore, we welcome applications from people of different gender, age, cultural or social background, sexual identity and applications from people with disabilities. In addition, we would like to increase the proportion of women in technical professions and are particularly pleased to receive applications from women for this position.